Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Therapy

My Mom Buck has been helping out by babysitting while I have gone to some recent physical therapy appointments. Upon returning home from my last appointment she asked what I did while I was there. The remainder of the conversation went like this...

Mom: "What do you do there?"

Me: "The PT has me do some different exercises to check my progress and my strength"

Already distracted or disinterested My Mom Buck didn't give much of a reply.

Me again: "Yes it is actually kind of awkward"

Mom: "Why would it be awkward?"

I proceeded to show her a strength test where I had one leg on the PT dudes shoulder, knees bent, and had to do some side like push up.

My Mothers natural response was, "Well, do you have pants on?"

Me: "WHAT, why would I NOT have pants on Mom?!"

Mom: Very calmly, "Well you don't wear pants at some doctors"

...and at that she again put my therapy out of her mind. Conversation over.

No comments:

Post a Comment