Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Horses and Terrorists

My husband decided to alert my Mom on Saturday that there was a horse show on. Yes, I said a horse show. Pretty horses with little riders prancing around to songs like You can Dance if You Want To by Men at Work.

My Mom answered in a panicked voice and without even a "hello" *breathlessly bellowed, "Are you calling about terrorists?!"

My husband calmly replied, "No I am not calling about terrorists I am calling about the horses on TV". A state of serenity washes over my Mother as she immediatley hangs up to find the remote.

*My Mom always sounds breathless when she answers the phone. I often ask if she just completed a set of hurdles in order to reach the phone. She laughs every time and states she doesn't know what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment